Health and Safety
- Health and Safety legislation places legal obligations on the Company, its Managers, and fill employees, to ensure the health and safety of all people (employees, guests and others) who may be affected by the way in which the Company's business is conducted.
- The Company firmly believes in the importance of providing a healthy and safe environment for guests, employees and other third parties to protect against personal injury and property damage and considers legal requirements to be minimum standards.
- The Company recognises that one of its foremost duties and responsibilities to its employees is to provide and maintain healthy, safe and hygienic working conditions and practices. It also recognises its duties and responsibilities to guests, contractors and other people who are affected by the Company's activities.
- The Company considers that management and employees should share this responsibility and that every individual has a personal responsibility to ensure that the Company's safety rules and practices are observed. Furthermore, every employee has an obligation to co-operate'with management in maintaining high standards of health and safety.
- The Company believes that issues of fire safety and security are also fundamental to the health and safety of employees, guests and others affected by the Company's activities.
- The company recognises the importance of infection control and that early recognition and prompt action can reduce the spread of disease, the severity of the illness and the number of people affected. The use of prevention of infection policies and procedures aims to limit potential for initial infection as far as possible plus minimise infection spread. The company expects all staff to adhere to the policy and guidance to protect staff and visitors from unnecessary exposure to infection.
- The Company believes that the provision and maintenance of safe premises, working environment, plant and equipment, the selection and training of staff, adequate instruction/supervision and the provision of information, are all crucial to the success of this Policy.
- Furthermore, the Company considers all aspects of health and safety to be of such importance that failure by any member of staff to observe correct health and safety practices may result in disciplinary action.
- The Risk Management Committee will review this Policy should legislation change and at least annually. Any revision of the Policy shall be notified to each Village's Health and Safety Committee prior to issue. The Company undertakes to consider suggestions regarding health and safety from employees, guests and regulatory bodies.
- In workplaces shared with other employers we will co-operate with those other employers to ensure a mutually safe working environment.
Approved November 2022
Martin Dalby, Chief Executive Officer
Colin McKinlay, Chief Financial Officer
Rajbinder Singh-Dehal, Chief Corporate Officer
Paul Kent, Development & Construction Director
Colin Whaley, Sales & Marketing Director
Alan Park, Operations Director