Over the next decade, we will transition our energy requirements to low carbon energy sources, purchase renewable energy from the grid, and use low carbon energy generation across all of our villages.
Our target is to have 50% of our energy consumption from renewable sources by 2030.
Where we are
- All of our grid electricity has been renewable since 2020
- We have installed solar PV systems to generate renewable energy at four of our villages and at our Head Office building
- We have installed biomass boilers into the district heating system at Woburn Forest, generating renewable energy and removing the need for a gas boiler in every lodge
- We have installed a biogas CHP into the district heating system at Sherwood Forest, generating renewable energy
- We have installed air source heat pumps at Longleat Forest, generating renewable energy
Where we’re going
- We are planning to install biogas plants at two more of our villages by 2030
- We are planning to install more air source heat pumps at our villages