To ensure that the shift to electric vehicles is as green as possible, all EV charging points on our villages are supplied with 100% renewable and zero carbon electricity. We are also exploring further ways to encourage our colleagues and guests to make use of lower carbon travel options to and from our villages.
Our target is to have 100% of our fleet made up of either electric or hybrid vehicles by 2030.
Where we are
- Our villages are almost entirely car free after arrival, guests travel around by bike or by foot. At Longleat Forest guests can use Center Parcs own public transport system, the land train
- Our Housekeeping team travel around the village on bike using specially designed baskets to carry their cleaning supplies, and limiting vehicles used as part of the changeover cleaning process to those carrying linen or heavier items
- We have approximately 100 electric vehicle charging points per village, which are available to our guests at all our UK villages
- We provide electric vehicle charging points for staff at our Head Office, as well as for our fleet of electric vehicles on our villages
- All of the Technical Services vans on our villages are now electric
- Almost 50% of our company cars are electric
- We have purchased new electric vehicles to support our restaurant delivery service on an ongoing basis
- At Woburn Forest and Head Office, we have car share parking spaces in the employee car park, placed in the most convenient and desirable locations to encourage colleagues to share lifts wherever possible
- We provide coaches to transport our Housekeeping colleagues to and from the village on Mondays and Fridays, reducing the amount of cars travelling to the village
- We have a specific role of Transport Coordinator at all of our villages, providing information for colleagues and guests on alternative modes of transport to our villages
- At Woburn Forest, we provide complimentary shuttle buses and taxis for colleagues and guests travelling to and from local train stations and we offer a 10% discount on off-peak rail travel from London St Pancras to Flitwick station
- We provide secure cycle parking for colleagues, as well as shower and changing facilities
- We work with Raleigh to offer a 20% discount on cycles for colleagues, as well as a 20% employee discount on full priced cycles and accessories purchased from the Raleigh website
Where we’re going
- All of our company cars will be moving to electric or hybrid alternatives over the next 10 years – employees will no longer be able to select a diesel or petrol vehicle as their company car
How we're doing
We are aiming to switch our entire fleet to either electric or hybrid vehicles by 2030.
Figure 1 shows the percentage of electric and hybrid vehicles in our fleet to date (covering both our UK and Ireland operations).